Welcome to Fancy This!

Join me on Facebook

Saturday, September 17, 2011

What I've Learned during my Honeymoon



THE HONEYMOON
may it never end









No doubt that people start home businesses for so many more reasons that I would list.  Thus,  this disclaimer  as you can immediately find "expert" articles about starting your own business, working for yourself, home based business, work at home moms, yada yada...all over the web, in book stores, and on it goes.


Disclaimer!!!  I am a total newbie to owning a business.  I realize that I am on my honeymoon and I have no idea how long the honeymoon will last (newbie!).  


So why the heck am I sitting here lap top in lap  on a Saturday morning while my husband has settled in for a day of Southeastern Conference Football.  BTW, Auburn just ran a very long play right down the field to score on Clemson.....! Booya


Now back to the subject,  "who, why, and what" did I want to have my own business and what have I learned at this point in my honeymoon period?"


The Who....Married 32 years, mother of 3,  Registered Nurse , Stay at home mom, back to work as an aesthetic nurse specializing in non-surgical medical treatments for the past 6 years. (and still loving what I do)


touchdown Auburn!!! again... 14-0 and the game is just getting started.  Carolina fans are cheering!


The Why.... not a simple answer, maybe a perfect storm of circumstances, opportunity, and just being ready.  My perfect storm.......pre-existing perfume passion and candle lover +  an itch to have my own business + wanting to do something creative yet profitable + ability to socialize and run the show +  realizing it's never too late to go after anything you desire + competitive + love learning new things....and 



I am going to mention the E word here.....so sick of the sick economy.  I saw Scentsy as an opportunity to make money from home and to help others do the same thing. 


The What.....Slam the brakes because I had never even heard of Scentsy.  What the heck is it?  Even after having it explained to me on the phone I didn't "get it".  Enter Scentsy into my world.  I was an instant fan and lover of the scents and warmers.  It took a couple of nano seconds to realize that creating my own Scentsy business was a no brainer.  


Clemson scores.... Still 14-7 Auburn.




So what have I learned during this honeymoon .......

I love the products and they sell themselves

I started a business for only $99.00 (that alone is crazy)

My customers tell me that they love Scentsy!

All of my customers are first time Scentsy buyers (except for 1).  True

Networking is fun and profitable

There is a culture of women that are expert networkers and business owners.

There are lots of hardworking  and  entrepreneurial women out there!

I like being CEO, COO, and every other role in my business.

It means alot to have a supportive husband, family, and friends.

This is a business that I can help others duplicate because it is a big world out there.

Scentsy is a world class company after only 7 years in existence reaching nearly 1 Billion in sales as of August 2011



Joining Scentsy is simple and easy. If you would like more information on the business

opportunity, get in touch with me and I will help you to get started and click here to get started .

So a nice cloudy September afternoon at home with college football and autumn fragrance....I think I will go add some Autumn Sunset  to my warmers.  



Back to the game....Clemson scores again.  Looks like it will be a great game to watch...... Go Gamecocks!



No comments:

Post a Comment